Asbestos Skip Bins Brisbane
At Asbestos Skip Bins Brisbane we are often asked to supply bins for the safe removal of asbestos. In the past, this has not been a service we provide. As a result of ongoing requests we have decided to partner with Multi Enterprises.
Multi Enterprises have over 30 years of experience in skip bins. They specialize in supplying skips for the transport of asbestos. Their license allows them to transport contaminated and regulated wastes also. They deliver asbestos skip bins 7 days a week by arrangement in the greater Brisbane Region.
The Do’s & Don’ts when Hiring an Asbestos Skip Bin.
What you CAN put in:
- Asbestos products & materials i.e fibro roofing & sheeting,
- Asbestos-contaminated waste ONLY
What you CANNOT put in the Bin
NO other general/non-connected waste.
There is a special cell for asbestos wastes at the disposal facility.
Extra materials may increase the disposal cost (which is recoverable from the Hirer).
The other stuff
Asbestos skip hire is up to 7 days hire or can be earlier if requested.
A 200um plastic liner is inclusive in the price.
On delivery, the driver will double line the skip bin. Allowing enough liner overhang to completely enclose the asbestos within the skip.
The Hirer must close & seal the plastic liner, using duct tape to make a strong airtight package.
Asbestos removal is a regulated waste. All skips removed from the site will have a waste tracking certificate supplied. This includes the hirer’s details, where it came from and the disposal details.
If in any doubt please feel free to call us and we will be happy to provide help.
What is asbestos and where is it found?
Why was asbestos used?
There are two main forms of asbestos: Friable and non-friable?
Asbestos was used in many products such as:
- Asbestos cement sheeting is also known as fibro. Super six or super eight) in fencing, roof sheets, ceilings and walls.
- External guttering and downpipe and vent pipes
- Backing to electrical switchboards in a black product known as zelemite
- Vinyl sheeting and vinyl tiles used as flooring
- Insulations to heater banks, air conditioning ducting and pipes
- Gaskets to pipes and pipe joins
- Certain paints will contain asbestos fibres such as Galbestos
- Mastics and glues behind wall tiles and vinyl
- Waterproofing in windows
- Roof tiles
Asbestos Skip Bins Brisbane – we continue to look for new and innovative ways to service our customers by developing, and introducing services to meet our growing market.
Pictures – Google seach
One of the best sites I found that has a lot of informative information is the Bernie Banton Foundation.