Loading Bins to Get Great Value without Overloading
We want to see everyone get great value from using our bins. We also want to be able to transport them safely. Loading bins help us to achieve this.
To avoid overloading we suggest
- Do not place items above the top rail of the bin.
- Take note of the loading signs stencilled on the bin (they are there for safety reasons).
- Ensure items are not protruding from the parameters of the bin as this will affect our ability to lift the bin back onto the truck safely.
- Think about how to pack the bin the best way to avoid overloading.
- Break down larger items and fill in spaces between objects.
- Avoid air gaps by packing smartly.
- If you have heavy items, consider booking a Skip Bin with a Door.
- Please take note of the Prohibited Waste Types
Access & Placement Guidelines
- We assure you of our care and attention when we enter your property or work site. If there are any issues (i.e. major traffic road, overhead wires etc.) which may affect our ability to deliver a bin it is your responsibility to bring this to our attention. For safety reasons, we require a minimum of one metre of clearance from both sides of our vehicles and adequate overhead clearance to operate our equipment. It is the responsibility of the client to determine the suitability of the chosen area for placement. It must be suitable for the location of the skip bin and have clear and easy access to drop off and pick up.
- The location must also be able to bear the weight of the vehicle and the fully loaded skip bin.
- Skips bins are heavy so some movement may occur as we place down and pick up a bin. It is possible that some minor marks may occur on some surfaces.
- We will attempt to place a bin in a location under your instruction, if access is limited and damage occurs (above or below ground) to your property or work site we cannot be held responsible read more.
- Do not move or relocate bins once we have placed them on the ground as we may not be able to retrieve the skip safely.
- Please ensure access to the bin is available once the skip is ready to pick up.
The Other Stuff Guidelines
- Do not place regulated waste items into the bin, i.e. asbestos, tyres, liquids etc.
- If you are placing heavy items such as dirt, concrete or bricks in the bin, please be aware that larger bins do have weight restrictions.
- A bin is overfull when it can no longer be lifted or carried legally and safely if you are unsure contact our office or go to our FAQ Page.
- For more information on loading of bulky waste read the ‘Guidelines for Heavy Materials‘
- Overfilling bins is a safety issue. If a skip is overfull, we reserve the right to unload the excess rubbish. If however, we are unable to do this within a few minutes we will leave the bin onsite. You will be required to re-book the pickup once the skip meets the guidelines. In some cases, you may be charged an additional trip. If you are unsure contact our office.
- For more detail on our policies relating to the use and care of our bins, please refer to our ‘Terms & Conditions of Hire’ & Guidelines Page or have a read of our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Page.
Help us to do our job well by loading bins, so you get great value. In this way, we can service more customers like you.